My Family, The Main People (or Victims) I Knit For

Saturday, June 8, 2013

First Day of Summer Break 2013

Today was the first official day of summer break. I decided that is would be a relaxing and lazy day with nothing planned or organized.

I made a sign for the kids last last night. The plan was to place it across the doorway of the hallway leading to the bedrooms but it ended up over a couch in the living room instead. It is the simple things that make a child smile the brightest.


We started off the morning with waffles. The kids have been asking for them. I haven't bought a waffle maker YET and couldn't find any organic ones until last week. Check these out!!

I was surprised to locate ORGANIC waffles at Krogers!!  It was pretty awesome to find the USDA Organic seal and the NON GMO Verified Logo on the box. The kids didn't notice a difference in taste. 

We ended the day with smores over a school work bonfire. We burned old worksheet to celebrate the end of the school year and the beginning of the summer. The kids look forward to this all school year.


Smores Goodies & Worksheets

The start of the fire. 

The bunny was asking for it. 




No comments: