My Family, The Main People (or Victims) I Knit For

Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer Fun Day 25

I know I am posting out of order. I have been busying getting our school room back in shape for the new school year that I forgot to post in awhile. 

The kids wanted to tie dye shirts white shirt with red and blue for the Fourth of July. It sounded like I was getting away with a fun and easy craft for the day. HAHAHAHAHA...... Pinterest gave me all this confidence but it was fake. :-) The kids put the rubber band around the shirts and start to put dye on them. The dye would bubble up. Odd. We thought we had bad dye and tried a different color. It bubbled up again. It only did it on the two new shirts and not on the used baby shirt. We tried rubbing the dye in. NO LUCK. Then it hit me and the shirt label confirmed my suspicions. The shirts were wicking shirts!!! They keep moisture away from the body. The kids refused to wear their shirts because they turned out pink. We will have to try this again, sometime in the way future. I might not be super mum but at least I try. ;-)

Day 25 Tie Dye 



The shirts look white from the sun but they are complete bright pink.

No comments: