My Family, The Main People (or Victims) I Knit For

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Monthly Dishcloth KAL

I found the neatest group on yahoo!! It is a group that does a dishcloth mystery KAL twice a month, on the 1st & 15th. (KAL = knit a long). The leader of the group emails about 10 rows of the pattern daily for about 5-6 days. The only shared information about the pattern is what color yarn will work best & needle size. The first one I joined in on was the Mid-May KAL. It turn out to be called Sea Waves.  That is the following photo.

Turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. It was very interesting and fun knitting without knowing what you are actually making. Very different, in a fun way. Right now the group is on Day 2 of the 1st June KAL. I cant wait to see what this one will be & to post a pic for all of you. I am probably going to start turning these into bibs near the end of the patterns.  I am so hooked on turn dishcloth patterns into bibs right now!! Here is the link to the yahoo group. MonthlyDishcloths They also have a group on Ravelry.com Ravelry Link Come on and join either group! Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

sara said...

Heeey, I'm in that Yahoo group. I have yet to actually knit one of the cloths though...

Natalie J said...

I've never done a KAL before and this sounds like one that is quick enough I may be able to join in some time. :)