My Family, The Main People (or Victims) I Knit For

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Simple DIY

We use our small dry erase boards daily for math and spelling lessons. The kids were always looking for the big erasers for the boards. For some reason the erasers are the one school item my kids fail to put away. I have found them under the couches, desks, and microwave stand while vacuuming. I tried taping a sandwich bag to the back of the boards to store the erasers. One of my kids couldn't stand the feel of the bag when he used the board on his lap. The other child thought the bag make the board unbalanced when she used it on the floor or the desk. I told my kids to figure out some else to use to clear the boards that wasn't a paper towel the last time all the erasers escaped the school room. They looked in the school supplies and picked out big pom poms that were left over from a craft project. LIGHT BULB!! I hot glued the medium size pom poms on the end of the markers. Problem solved! No more eraser hunts!! Here is a photo of the ones we are currently using. I thought it was an awesome idea that needed to be shared with others on Pinterest only to find out that teachers have been doing this for a while. Oh well, I felt like a super mum for a minute at least!

No comments: