My Family, The Main People (or Victims) I Knit For

Friday, May 14, 2010

Yarn Over Increase

I am already bored with the horrible purple baby blanket. That didn't take long. lol It was suggested that I finally learn how to do a correct yarn over increase. I found an easy shawl pattern that calls just for that. Here is the pattern from ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/designers/knits-with-cat-fur and the youtube video that she posted with the pattern. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOr0bj1ZQ2Y The video was very helpful!! I finally figured out what was going wrong with my yarn over increase. Instead of knitting the next stitch, I was doing a purl stitch. It has only years of doing it incorrectly. There was a little happy dancing going on here yesterday. lol I am also posting a progress photo of the shawl. Hopefully it will be completed soon. Happy Knitting!!

3 comments:

AC said...

I feel your pain on not understanding the YO increase. I spent my first (at least) month of knitting not understanding that it mattered whether the yarn was in front or back...I kept getting mysterious increases & holes.

Margot said...

Just gave you a "cool" for this. It worked!

Thea said...

Yay happy dances and figuring things out!