My Family, The Main People (or Victims) I Knit For

Friday, May 7, 2010

First Mini Bobble Attempt











I decide to be adventurous and attempt a mini bobble. There are so many cute dishcloths/washcloths and baby related patterns that call for mini bobbles. Normally I would skip those patterns and just feel like a knitting knitkwit but that all changed because my mum asked for a Dalek dishcloth. It is a character from a show, Doctor Who. The only pattern that I could find on Ravelry had mini bobbles. http://www.entropyhouse.com/penwiper/who/dalekcloth.html Shudder.. sigh... but as most of you know, you will do pretty much anything for your mum. Even when it come to a scary yarn bobble. lol After many failed attempts of trying to figure out the tricky mini bobble on my own, watching two youtube videos, and a few colourful words later, I had one semi good looking mini bobble!!!
My first mini bobble (Please hold the applause lol) It's hard to see but I am proud of it. The rest of the photos are of a tea cup dishcloth with flowers that are mini bobbles. Next project will be the Dalek. Wish me luck and Happy Knitting!!

4 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

heheh congrats!

Unknown said...

LOL! Thanks!

lori said...

thank you for participating in the show of hands thing! Yours look very graceful and skilled - I love that.

Anonymous said...

last few days our class held a similar discussion on this subject and you show something we haven't covered yet, appreciate that.

- Laura